Working at being searchable: Yahoo! search engine

Now that I am done with the social bookmaking step, my next project for My First 50 000$ is to submit the Web site to the major search engine. I already submit My First 50 000$ to Google, but to Google only. My next project will be to submit my Web site to Yahoo! and other search engines. I was able to submit my blog to Google search engine through their Google Webmaster tool. But for Yahoo!, I have no clue on how to proceed. I did a search on Blog Catalog and I went through a wonderful site, call Tips and Tricks. I find all the tips I need on how to get my Web site add to the Yahoo! search engine.

Here’s a summary of my own steps taking in order to register to Yahoo! search engine:

1. Log in into the Yahoo! Site Explorer with my Yahoo! ID (the same ones you use for your Yahoo! email)
2. Click on “My sites” located on the left column. Inside the space bar, insert your blog address and click “Add My Site”.
3. Click on “Explore” – which is just next to your blog link. You will probably get the result “Invalid Request”. But no problem, continue with step 4.
4. Click on “Submit it for free” and after “Submit a Website or Webpage”. Enter again the URL of your blog and click “Submit URL”. After what, you should be reading the following: “Thank you! Your URL has been added to our list of URLs to crawl. Please expect a delay of several weeks before your URL is crawled”.
5. Return back to the main menu by clicking on “My Sites”.
6. Manually click on the new URL. Right next to “Authentification Status”, click on “New”.
7. Click on “By adding a META tag to my home page”. Copy the meta tag that appears in bold.
8. Open your Blogger account. Access to your blog.
9. In your Blogger account, select “Layout” and than “Edit HTML”.
10. Right on the top of the template, directly below:

head (with symbols <> after the d)
b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/ (with symbols <> after the /).

Save your Yahoo! meta tag. But just before the > symbol, add /. If you don’t do so, you won’t be able to save your template.
11. Click on “Save template”.
12. Go back at your Yahoo! Site Explorer page. Click on “Ready to Authenticate”. After what, you should read: “Your site has been authenticated”.

I plan to repeat this operation for all of my blogs…

0 comments:

Post a Comment